The Tumble Road Project News App has been updated to coincide with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This app allows you to easily keep up with all Project related updates.
Here’s a quick article on how to connect Project Pro to Project Online. The question seems to come up on a regular basis so I’m documenting it here.
In Project 2013 and Project Online, Microsoft added the ability for Project Pro to autoconfigure the connection to Project Web App. However, to make this happen, you need to start in PWA.
- Navigate to your PWA site
- Go to Project Center by clicking Projects tile or Projects in the Left Navigation
- Click the Projects tab to display the ribbon
- Click the New button in the ribbon
- Click the In Project Professional option in the dropdown menu
- Project Pro will open a blank project, after a brief pause
- Close Project Pro without saving anything
Project Pro is now configured to open and edit projects from Project Web App.
Going forward, you should open your project from PWA as opposed to Project Pro. This is the future interaction direction. The Edit button provides an option to edit the project in Project Pro.
Please use the following links to download the Service Pack 1 bits. Also, ensure you patch SharePoint and Project Server together.
- Project 32-bit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42013
- Project 64-bit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42020
- SharePoint http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42008
- Project Server http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42011
If you have a preferred view that you use in Project Professional that is not the Gantt view, it gets a bit tedious to change the view every single time you open the application. The easiest thing to do is to change the default view setting so that your preferred view is displayed when the application is opened.
To update the default view used:
- In Project Professional, click File, Options, General
- Under the Project View section, click the Default View dropdown and change the value to the desired view (highlighted below)
- Click OK to apply the change